Galveston–Houston AFR has been busy planning a number of follow-up activities for 2012. On April 11, the network provided training on the Incident Command System followed by discussion. On May 1, the network will offer a free webinar in honor of MayDay 2012. The webinar will feature Greg Gelberg, business application administrator at the J. Paul Getty Trust. Greg will explain how he organized the Getty’s extensive disaster and recovery plans using Atlassian, a Wiki-style software. He’ll provide strategies for developing comprehensive plans that are scalable to any size organization. You don’t have to be from Texas to join in on this webinar. To register, click here. Contact Steve Pine, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
The Galveston-Houston Area Alliance for Response Forum was held on July 29, 2011 at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Click here for more information about this exciting summer Forum.
|News from Alliance for Response Communities
- For the latest on AFR networks view our most recent News Brief for Spring 2013.
- Heritage Preservation is pleased to announce there will be three new forums in 2013 thanks to generous support by the National Endowment for the Humanities. If you would like to get involved, contact us.
- AFR networks have been keeping busy this winter. To find a summary of their activity please read our latest quarterly news brief.
- Throughout the country, members of Alliance for Response have been representing cultural institutions at stakeholder events for the National Disaster Recovery Framework. Visit FEMA’s Web site to attend the next stakeholder event.
- The final 2011 Alliance for Response Kick-off Forum was held in Salt Lake City, Utah with more than 80 cultural managers and emergency managers. Click here for more information about this forum.
- The Galveston-Houston Area Alliance for Response Forum was held on July 29, 2011 at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Click here for more information about this exciting summer Forum.
- The second Alliance for Response National Leadership Institute was held on July 20, 2011 in Denver, CO. Click here for a meeting summary.