Utah AFR has created a listserv to connect its members. Those interested in staying up-to-date on this network’s activities can join the listserv at the Utah State Archives’ Web site. Utah AFR is planning to host a follow-up activity in spring 2012. The network has set a goal of incorporating an annex into the state emergency operations plan.
On November 2, the third and final 2011 Alliance for Response Kick-off Forum was held in Salt Lake City. More than 80 cultural managers and emergency managers from around the state discussed how cultural institutions could maximize their effectiveness in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery endeavors. The day-long event focused on building partnerships to prepare for "the Big One," a seismic event along the Wasatch Front. To learn more about the day’s activities click here.
|News from Alliance for Response Communities
- For the latest on AFR networks view our most recent News Brief for Spring 2013.
- Heritage Preservation is pleased to announce there will be three new forums in 2013 thanks to generous support by the National Endowment for the Humanities. If you would like to get involved, contact us.
- AFR networks have been keeping busy this winter. To find a summary of their activity please read our latest quarterly news brief.
- Throughout the country, members of Alliance for Response have been representing cultural institutions at stakeholder events for the National Disaster Recovery Framework. Visit FEMA’s Web site to attend the next stakeholder event.
- The final 2011 Alliance for Response Kick-off Forum was held in Salt Lake City, Utah with more than 80 cultural managers and emergency managers. Click here for more information about this forum.
- The Galveston-Houston Area Alliance for Response Forum was held on July 29, 2011 at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Click here for more information about this exciting summer Forum.
- The second Alliance for Response National Leadership Institute was held on July 20, 2011 in Denver, CO. Click here for a meeting summary.